Technical requirements and controllable devices
ayControl controls almost every electronic device, which can be connected to a network.
It is perfectly adjusted for installations based on EIB/KNX, but it is also easy to configure with other systems.
To use ayControl you need:
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android devices*
- Wi-Fi router, Wi-Fi interface or Wi-Fi access point
- KNX IP-Interface or Router
- Controlable device or system
* iOS 5 and iOS 6 for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4 and the iPad mini,
as well as Android Smartphones (2.3 Gingerbread and higher) and Tablets (3.2 Honeycomb and higher) are supported.
How does ayControl communicate with my devices?
e.g. Siemens IP Router N146, Siemens IP Interface N148, Weinzierl KNX IP Interface 730
- IP camera
Watch the KNX building through displaying pictures by IP cameras. Connect one or more IP cameras (e.g. front door,...) and enjoy safety and information.
- Door station
Voice + Video: Not only see the video and being able to open the door with door station voice - you are also able to talk to your visitor.
- network capable multimedia devices
have to be connected with the Wi-Fi Router;
can directly respond via TCP, UDP or HTTP through an easy expandable driver unit interfaces
- devices with serial interface
have to be connected via LAN adaptor with the Wi-Fi Router;
can also directly respond via TCP, UDP or HTTP through an easy expandable driver unit interfaces
Requirements for EIB/KNX IP Router or Interface:
EIB/KNX IP Interfaces like
Siemens N148/22 IP Interface
JUNG KNX IPS 100 REG
Weinzierl KNX IP Interface 730
eelectron IN00A02IPI - KNX INTERFACE
or other devices that support KNXnet/IP Tunneling
EIB/KNX IP Router like
- Siemens IP Router N 146/02 5WG1146-1AB02
- JUNG KNX IP-Router REG IPR 100 REG
- Weinzierl 750
- Merten KNX IP Router REG-K 680329
- ABB i-bus® KNX IP Router IPR/S 2.1
- Feller KNX IP Router - Typ 36130-00.REG
- or other devices that support KNXnet/IP Routing
No (home) server or fixed mounted wall panel necessary!